Spray Foam for Pipes
Every winter we hear from someone who is coping with the aftereffects of frozen pipes in the home. This year, don’t be a frozen pipe statistic! The most effective way to prevent the expense and destruction from frozen pipes is to know the risks and to insulate. While fiberglass and cellulose are great products, the ultimate air-sealing, pipe-saving solution is spray foam insulation. Here’s why:
- Basement or crawl space temperatures can be up to 30 degrees colder than other areas in the home; spray foam insulation provides R-value and air-leak prevention in one step.
- Spray foam is water-resistant, making it ideal for your hot and cold water pipes.
- With its water-resistant features, mold and mildew growth is reduced.
- Air leaks are eliminated which makes your home more energy efficient.
- R-value is higher per inch of coverage.
- Ideal for any space where vulnerable pipes exist.
- Basement rim joists benefit from insulation and air sealing, adding additional insulation and comfort to the main floor of your home.
- While the upfront costs of spray foam insulation are higher than other insulation types, the long-term benefits and improved energy efficiency outperforms other products.
Ready for toasty winters for the life of your house? Be proactive and call your spray foam insulation contractors to reduce your frozen pipe risk sooner rather than later. The team at Foam InSealators of Maryland and Northern Virginia is ready to conquer your frozen pipe fears! Give us a call to schedule your free estimate now!