Did you know that approximately 25% of a home’s heat loss occurs through the attic? Most of that loss occurs through invisible gaps or cracks in the home or building. The colder the weather outside plus the warmer it is indoors leads to an accelerated loss of heat. Unfortunately, you won’t know this until your next utility bill arrives or you feel the random “cold draft” somewhere in the house.
Avoid the drafts and utility bill shock by insulating your attic with spray foam insulation. Here are the top six reasons to make spray foam your insulation of choice:
- Spray foam expands to fill unwanted gaps or cracks, preventing year-round loss of heated or cooled air within the home.
- Air leaks and those dreaded cold drafts are eliminated when insulating an attic with spray foam.
- Does not age, sag, settle, or suffer from moisture-related problems like fiberglass or cellulose.
- Closed-cell spray foam possesses an R-value of 7; higher than other insulation products.
- The best option for an unfinished attic space, thus preventing heat gain or loss in rooms below the attic space.
- Spray foam is effective at keeping pests and other pollutants out of the home.
Treat yourself to year-round comfort by installing or upgrading to the super powers of spray foam insulation.
Got questions about your attic space? Contact us for answers and a free in-home consultation.