Spray foam insulation is the right choice for any application!
If you’re not familiar with spray foam insulation, think of a foam coffee cup or a foam ice chest. Both products keep heat or cold in, while protecting the exterior from transferring temperature. Spray foam insulation does exactly the same thing.
Spray foam insulation doesn’t just insulate your home like fiberglass, cellulose or other insulation products—it also seals air leaks. Why does this matter? Air sealing prevents air from inside your home from escaping through the cracks and crevices in your home. These exist around recessed (can) lights, plumbing stacks, electrical wires, attic hatches or doors, around chimneys or flues, and duct chases. This means conditioned air you’ve already paid for stays in your home.
There are two types of spray foam insulation: open cell spray foam and closed cell spray foam.
Open Cell Spray Foam
- it is vapor permeable
- is able to accommodate seasonal movement
- is not a food source for mold
- dampens sound
Closed Cell Spray Foam
As with open cell spray foam insulation, closed cell spray foam works as an insulator and air barrier. An additional feature of closed cell spray foam is that it is solid. The cells of the bubbles remain intact (closed), which makes the product rigid. The closed cell composition and increased density contributes to a higher R-value than that of open cell foam. This can contribute to building stability during storms and high winds.
Foam InSEALators installs open cell and closed cell spray foam insulation from the following companies:
- SWD was founded by spray foam insulation contractors who were seeking roofing and insulation solutions that traditional polyurethane suppliers could not provide. SWD’s Quick-Shield Spray Foam insulation and roofing products are specifically engineered to meet the toughest building code standards. All Quick-Shield products, including roofing, insulation, and coating solutions, are ICC and/or CCMC approved and are technically superior for traditional building needs.
- Huntsman Building Solutions is one of the world’s leading spray polyurethane foam (SPF) businesses. As the fastest growing building insulation product globally, SPF can help reduce energy cost in new and existing buildings by as much as 50 percent. SPF functions as both an insulant and an air-sealing product, thereby reducing energy loss due to air infiltration. Huntsman also supplies the systems found in one-component foam, which is used to fill in cracks and gaps around door jams and utility openings.
- JM Corbond
- JM Corbond is a closed-cell spray foam insulation. JM acquired the Corbond line in 2009, adding this product to their line of fiberglass insulation. JM Corbond III can be used alone or in hybrid systems with JM fiberglass to create a custom insulation application for any use.
- Fomo’s products range includes low pressure spray foam insulation in both refillable and disposable systems, sealants, a line of polyurethane-based spray adhesive products, pour-in-place insulation systems, and specialty products recognized for outstanding performance where fire, smoke and toxicity issues are critical concerns.
Ready to talk spray foam? Contact us for a free estimate.